Welcome to www.okadoc.id (“Site”). The owner and operator of the Site
About our site
You acknowledge that although some Content may be provided by healthcare professionals, the provision of such Content does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment, but is provided to assist you in choosing a doctor, dentist or other healthcare specialist, professional, provider, or organization (collectively, “Healthcare Provider”). “Content” means content, text, data, graphics, images, photographs, video, audio, information, suggestions, guidance, and other materials provided, made available or otherwise found through the Services and/or Site, including, without limitation, Content provided in direct response to your questions or postings.
WHILE WE MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ACCURATE CONTENT, WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, QUALITY OF WORK, PRICE OR COST INFORMATION, INSURANCE COVERAGE OR BENEFIT INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH CONTENT. FURTHERMORE, WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LISTED OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES.
We reserve the right to introduce new Services and update or withdraw any of the Services, in our sole discretion, and we will not be liable to you for exercising this discretion.
- We do not provide medical advice
- The Content that you obtain or receive from Okadoc, its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the Services, is for informational, scheduling and payment purposes only. All medically related information, including, without limitation, information shared via Okadoc channels, comes from independent healthcare professionals and organizations and is for informational purposes only.
- WHILE WE HOPE THE CONTENT IS USEFUL IN YOUR HEALTHCARE JOURNEY, IT IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL AND THE EMERGENCY SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, NURSING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
- We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Healthcare Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the Services. If you rely on any Content, you do so solely at your own risk. We encourage you to independently confirm any Content relevant to you with other sources, including the Healthcare Provider’s office, medical associations relevant to the applicable specialty, your medical boards, and the appropriate licensing or certification authorities to verify listed credentials and education.
- NO DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
- DOCTORS, DENTISTS, NURSES, AND OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS USE THE SERVICES TO SHARE CONTENT WITH YOU, BUT YOUR USE OF THIS CONTENT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR HEALTHCARE. NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT. THIS IS TRUE WHETHER SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS OR ANY OTHER OKADOC CHANNEL, EMAILS OR TEXT MESSAGE LINKS TO OTHER SITES, OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IN ANY FIELD.
- Okadoc encourages Healthcare Providers to use the Services responsibly, but we have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of, any Healthcare Provider at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments, or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting or arising from, or related to, the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
- AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT; IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHCARE PROVIDER RELATIONSHIPS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDER LISTS
- In connection with using the Site and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with Healthcare Providers, you understand that:
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
- Okadoc makes reasonable efforts to ensure that Healthcare Providers only participate in the Services if they hold all active licenses required by law to practice the specialties of the services offered by them. Okadoc may exclude Healthcare Providers who, in Okadoc’s discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct.
- Some Healthcare Providers listed through the Services enter into contracts with us, and may pay us a fee in order to be marketed through the Services. To help you find Healthcare Providers who may be suitable for your needs, and enable the maximum choice and diversity of Healthcare Providers participating in the Services, we will provide you with lists and/or profiles of Healthcare Providers. These results are based on information that you provide to us, such as insurance information, geographical location, and healthcare specialty. They may also be based on other criteria (including, for example, Healthcare Provider availability, past selections by and/or ratings of Healthcare Providers by you or by other Okadoc users, and past experience of Okadoc users with Healthcare Providers). Note that Okadoc (a) does not recommend or endorse any Healthcare Providers, (b) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these Healthcare Providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide, and (c) does not receive any additional fees from Healthcare Providers for featuring them (i.e., higher or better placement on lists) through the Services. Note, however, to the extent that you use the Services as provided by your employer, Okadoc may provide lists and/or profile previews based also on criteria determined by your employer and your employer’s agents or advisors.
- To provide you with even more options, we may show you sponsored results (“Sponsored Results”) on the Site, including above the search results. Okadoc receives additional fees from Healthcare Providers for providing Sponsored Results. Sponsored Results shown through the Services are not, and should not be considered, an endorsement or recommendation by Okadoc of the Healthcare Provider.
- THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
- The Services are an informational and educational resource for consumers and Healthcare Providers. We may, but have no obligation to, publish Content through the Services that is reviewed by our editorial personnel. No party (including Okadoc) involved in the preparation or publication of such works guarantee that the Content is timely, accurate or complete, and they will not be responsible or liable for any errors or omissions in, or for the results obtained from the use of, such Content.
- Healthcare Provider Content:Healthcare Provider and practice Content is intended for general reference purposes only. Healthcare Provider Content may be provided by the Healthcare Provider and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may not be confirmed by the Healthcare Provider. Such Content can change frequently and may become out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. Neither the Site nor Okadoc provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular Healthcare Provider.
- Procedures/Products/Services:The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or marketed through the Services are not applicable to all individuals, patients or all clinical situations. Any procedures, products, services or devices represented through the Services by advertisers, sponsors, and other participants of the Services, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply, and we make no claims as to, safety or appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
- Insurance Content:The insurance and insurance related Content (including, without limitation, insurance coverage and benefit Content) (“Insurance Content”) may be intended for general reference purposes and for your convenience only. Such Insurance Content may be based on Personal Information (as defined below) you provide to us as well as Healthcare Provider Content. The Insurance Content is provided either directly by the insurance provider you identify or via a third-party clearinghouse. Insurance Content can change frequently and may become out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. To make this Content as accurate as possible, you agree that you will (a) provide accurate and complete insurance-related Personal Information, and (b) verify and update your insurance-related Personal Information (including, without limitation, verifying such Personal Information obtained by automated means from an insurance card you provide). Although Okadoc strives to provide you with accurate Insurance Content, we are not responsible for any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated Insurance Content, and you are responsible for complying with subparts (a) and (b) hereof.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Protecting patient privacy and keeping your information secure are among our biggest priorities. This section will help you understand what information we ask for and why.
- To create a Okadoc account, you must provide a few pieces of basic information about yourself. When you book an appointment through Okadoc, we pass along this information to your Healthcare Provider on your behalf.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Account Credentials. When you create a Okadoc account, you will provide an email address and create a password (collectively, “Credentials”). You should keep your Credentials private and not share your Credentials with anyone else. You must immediately notify us if your password has been stolen or compromised by sending an email to [email protected]
- You are responsible for your healthcare expenses. Usual, customary and any other charges for any medical or related services rendered by Healthcare Providers will apply and will be entirely your responsibility. You must resolve any dispute between you or any Healthcare Provider arising from any transaction hereunder directly with the Healthcare Provider.
- You are responsible for all use of the Services and for all use of your Credentials, including use by others to whom you have given your Credentials. You may only use the Site and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not accumulate or index, directly or indirectly, any Content or portion of the Site and/or Services (including, without limitation, Healthcare Provider Content, appointment availability, price information, and Insurance Content) for any purpose whatsoever.
- If you are a Healthcare Provider or other person or entity in the healthcare or medical industries, regardless of whether you maintain an account with Okadoc or whether you schedule or intend to schedule appointments through the Services, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Changes to the services
- We may from time to time add new features to the Services, substitute a new service for one of the existing Services, or discontinue or suspend one of the existing Services. Under no circumstances will Okadoc be liable for any suspension or discontinuation of any of the Services or portion thereof, and the use of new services will be governed by this Agreement.
- CONTENT YOU SUBMIT
- You will have the opportunity to submit feedback regarding your experiences with Healthcare Providers you find through the Services, to submit inquiries concerning possible medical needs and to participate in the other interactive or community features of the Site (collectively, “Posted Information”). It is important that you act responsibly when providing Posted Information.
- By posting Posted Information through the Services, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Okadoc and its contractors an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Information and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Information. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that Okadoc shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your Posted Information with the Posted Information of other Okadoc users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews and information related to the healthcare industry.
- Use of contentAll of the Content is owned by us or our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain Okadoc’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the Content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the Content, or exploit the Site or Services in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as expressly provided herein, neither Okadoc nor its suppliers grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by Okadoc to you are retained by Okadoc.
- DISCLAIMERWe created Okadoc to improve patients’ healthcare experience, and we want your experience with Okadoc to be exceptional. While we work hard to make that happen, you acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: (a) which users gain access to the Site and/or the Services, (b) what Content you access, (c) what effects the Content may have on you, (d) how you may interpret or use the Content, or (e) what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release us from all liability for you having acquired, you having not acquired, or your use of Content. We make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Site and/or the Services. We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, OKADOC MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. OKADOC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, BUG-FREE OR FREE FROM DEFECTS, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
- limitation of liabilityYOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (a) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO CREATE OR MAINTAIN AN ACCOUNT WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR (b) AED 500; EXCEPT THAT, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICES, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY THEREOF REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TRANSACTION PROCESSING FEES, IF ANY, REMITTED TO AND RETAINED BY OKADOC FOR PROVIDING TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICES FOR APPOINTMENTS MADE BY YOU IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE APPLICABLE CLAIM.IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- TERMINATIONWe reserve the right, if we determine it is best, to terminate, suspend and/or deactivate your account immediately, without notice, if there has been a violation of this Agreement or other policies and terms posted on the Site or through the Services by you or by someone using your Credentials. We may also terminate, suspend or deactivate your account for any other reason, including inactivity for an extended period. Okadoc shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination, suspension or deactivation of your access to the Site and/or the Services.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any loss or damage or for any delay or failure in performance due to acts beyond the control of such party whether or not such acts could reasonably be anticipated (including acts of God, legislative, judicial or regulatory acts of any provincial or the federal government, court or regulatory authority, acts of any of our subcontractors or any third-party providers of goods or Services to us, labour disruptions, blackouts, embargoes).
- Communications. You may contact us through email at [email protected]
- Survival. All provisions that either expressly or by their nature survive, will survive suspension or termination of your membership of the Site.