Our company’s most important value is a Great User Experience, which means that we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take great care with your personal information. This policy will help you understand how we use and protect your data. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Thank you so much for choosing Okadoc.
Effective date: 21 May 2018
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Depending on which of our Services you use and how you interact with our Sites, we collect different kinds of information from or about you. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, address, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, location, email address and/or telephone numbers;
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details, payment history;
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and Services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, make and model (mobile phones only), operating system, hardware version, platform, device settings and other technology identification on the devices used to access our Sites, file and software names and types, device identifiers, time zone setting and location, device locations such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address;
- Healthcare Data includes insurance data (such as your insurance carrier, insurance plan, member ID, group ID and payer ID); medical data (such as the doctors, dentists or other healthcare specialists, professionals, providers, or organizations (collectively, “Healthcare Providers”) you have visited, your reasons for visit, your dates of visit, your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us); and other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Information in emails or letters that you send to us;
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Sites, products and services including redemption of our offers, how you use your devices to access our Sites, including the screens you visit and searches you make;
- Special Categories of Personal Data includes details about your race or ethnicity or religion.
- Other Data includes:
- photos or other data uploaded onto any of our Sites by you or shared with other users of our Sites by you via our Sites;
- communications with us via social media platforms, email, electronic messages and other electronic and non-electronic communications;
- information from you when you register on our Site, book an appointment or subscribe to our newsletter;
- third party partner information related to how you use our third-party partners, such as your reviews of our merchant partners or other service providers;
- information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem with our Platform;
- details about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”));
- your networks and connections made available to us, depending on the permissions you have granted, from your mobile and desktop devices’ address book contacts, and other social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect the following Special Categories of Personal Data: your philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation or political opinions. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to provide you with information, feedback or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- where we need to perform a contract we have with a third party to provide you a product or Service;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- to provide you with location-based services;
- contacting you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment, booking, cancellation or other information required to facilitate your use of the Service;
- notifying you about certain resources, Healthcare Providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you;
- to ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our Platform;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Platform.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email, text message or other means. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- we may share your Information with Healthcare Providers with whom you choose to schedule through the Services. For example, if you complete a medical history form using the Services in advance of an appointment and elect to share it with your selected Healthcare Provider, we may share your medical history form with such selected Healthcare Providers.
- provided that you choose to use the applicable Services, we may share your Information with your Healthcare Providers to enable them to refer you to and make appointments with other Healthcare Providers on your behalf or to perform analyses on potential health issues or treatments.
- we may share your Information with Healthcare Providers in the event of an emergency.
- Other Entities. To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers (e.g. marketing companies, medical centres, government entities, regulators, professional boards, payments processers to process online transactions, etc.).You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant Information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your Information for other purposes. By using our Platform, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Information.
- Marketing. We may also use your Information to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and enhance your Platform experience, service messages, new features and enhancements. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, post, telephone, in-app messages and news feed cards.We may permit third parties to use your Information. For example, we may provide advertisers Information to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target and to enable us to comply with our commitments to our advertisers (e.g. by displaying their advertisements to a target audience).Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities.Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities.If you do not wish to have your personal data used by the us to promote our own or third parties’ products or Services, you can opt-out by contacting us at [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product or Service purchase, product service experience or other transactions.If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at [email protected].
- Business Transfers. In the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired, subscriber and customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting is at [email protected]
- Performance of Contract. Means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with Legal or Regulatory Obligations. Means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Protection of Our Platform and Others. We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Note that our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to these websites. Please do not post or add personal data to the Site that you would not want to be publicly available.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES WE APPLY
It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your password and to your devices used to access our Services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR INFORMATION?
You are able to access a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the Platform for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating your Information.
Examples of information you can access easily at the Platform include:
- up-to-date information regarding recent booking and appointments;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences);
- payment settings (including credit card information); and
- e-mail notification settings.
You can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by adjusting your customer communication preferences, through live chat or the unsubscribe link within the email communication. For marketing via your mobile application, you will need to adjust your notifications settings in the general section of your mobile or by contacting us at [email protected].
Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our Platform and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilise all aspects of the Platform. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Platform works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Platform or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your Site experience.
We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights in relation to your personal data or otherwise, please contact us at [email protected].
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Platform frequently to see recent changes.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any concerns about your Information on the Platform, please contact us at [email protected] with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.